Scope and Contents
The majority of materials relate to the properties owned by Manhattan College in and around the Riverdale section of the Northeast Bronx. Those materials from the nineteenth century relate to properties owned by the Manhattan College Corporation, a corporation established by the Brothers of the Christian Schools of the New York District. These comprise records related to all the to properties owned by the District, not just the College.
- Other: Date Not Yet Determined
Biographical / Historical
In 1853, all the boarder students and some of the Brothers of the Christian Schools opened the Academy of the Holy Infancy of Jesus in the Manhattanville section of Manhattan, around 131st Street and Broadway. In 1863, the Academy was chartered as Manhattan College. In 1923, Manhattan College moved to the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
20 Linear Feet