Skip to main content

St. Mary's Training School for Boys (Maryville Academy), Feehanville, Des Plaines, Cook County, IL

 Record Group
Identifier: MW-571

Dates

  • All Dates

Biographical / Historical

Originally Founded by Archbishop Patrick A. Feehan in 1883, St. Mary's Training school for boys was essentially an orphanage established in 1882. The organization currently is called "Maryville Academy" and runs a variety of outreach and health programs for children in their community. For more information about Maryville today, see: https://www.maryvilleacademy.org/about/our-history/

Extent

15 Files

Arrangement

Materials are arranged chronologically according to date.

Materials Specific Details

References in this collection include: Adjutor of Mary (RN); Brother Maurelian Sheel (FSC); Copeland, Charles; De La Salle Auxiliary; De La Salle Springs; Libertyville; Quigly, Bishop

Repository Details

Part of the De La Salle Christian Brothers Midwest District Archives Repository

Contact: