Blessed J. B. de La Salle: Founder of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, 1888
- Procure Générale. 27, Rue Oudinot. Paris (Organization)
Language of Materials
Biographical / Historical
Armand Ravelet [circa 1835-1875], first major historian of the Institute.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
See historic stamp of ownership: St. Joseph's Academy / Christian Brothers / Calvert Hall / 29 Saratoga St., Baltimore, MD.
Illustrated cover: image of De La Salle with two young male students. The frontispiece is a reproduction of the statuary grouping at Rouen by Falguiere which is copied on the front cover. This page is missing from our copy. See #367, the French original.
Materials Specific Details
Hardcover, 686 pages, illustrated. Plates accompanied by guard-leaf of descriptive letterpress, includes bibliographical references. Richly decorated, gilt edged pages. In need of archival housing.
- Christian Brothers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Christian Saints--France--Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- La Salle, Jean Baptiste de--Saint--1651-1719 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Procure Générale. 27, Rue Oudinot. Paris
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle--Biography Subject Source: Local sources