Skip to main content

Allegany County / A Pictorial History, 1980

 Item — Box: 21
Identifier: BAL LRC 21 Gold 654 a&b

Dates

  • Publication: 1980

Creator

Biographical / Historical

Bishop James E. Walsh, page 19. Future site of Carroll Hall [La Salle High School, 1907-1966], page 32. St. Mary’s Catholic Church is renamed St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, page 113.

Biographical / Historical

On page 142 is a photo featuring a 1933 graduate of La Salle Institute, Leo H. Ley, Jr. M.D. who was an affiliated member (AFSC) of the Christian Brothers. On the same page is an inscription by D. Ley to his nephew, Brother Joseph Grabenstein.

Extent

2 Volumes

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Copy 1: Unknown. Copy 2: Acquired by Brother Joseph Grabenstein as a gift from his parents in 1982; donated by him to Archives in 2015.

Materials Specific Details

Hardcover, 172 pages, illustrated with photographs. Copy 1: Added before title page: dedication to the citizens of Allegany County by the First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Cumberland. Copy 2: Autographed by all three authors inside the front cover. The bookplate is illustrated with a drawing of the eleven-mile marker, courtesy of Greater Cumberland Chamber of Commerce. Contains in clear sleeves two different errata sheets.

Creator

Source

Repository Details

Part of the The De La Salle Christian Brothers Archives of the Baltimore District Repository

Contact:
1900 West Olney Avenue (Box 831)
Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19119- United States
215-951-1294